Monday, March 11, 2013

My Small Business: Slow and Steady Wins the Race... If You Can Stand it


Hello Readers!

Ever heard the saying “Slow and steady wins the race”? Or “The early bird gets the worm”? Or even “Use your head for more than a hat rack”?

I’ve heard these plenty of times from my mother when I needed to pace myself, or from my father responding to something dumb I had done. But these never really made more sense than now… Owning a business will give you a new perspective I suppose.

Starting out now over the past 3 months (December – February), it has been a slow pace, I can see the value of my business and the work that goes into it first hand, but still I wonder at times if I am really getting anywhere. Well I have come to the conclusion that this slow start-up pace is exactly what I need to succeed. Having this pace will allow me to get better and LEARN how to do what I do more efficiently. That should be my slogan “Get Better and LEARN”. The knowledge I gain from this experience will make me better and more prepared for the busier days and months and years to come.

Maybe now I should make a hat rack…

No comments:

Post a Comment